Monday, December 8, 2014

Workin' as Missionaries Do

 Hello,

This week was good, but it was hard to work for a couple of reasons. Primarily Elder Thatcher got sick twice during the week. Also the elections this week slowed down the work because everyone was traveling and not in their houses. Regardless, we hard a good week with some good lessons. We have one investigator, who is progressing great and has a baptismal date for this Saturday. I’m looking forward to that and also to Huanuco this coming week.

So yeah Elder Thatcher got sick twice the first time was really bad. It was Wednesday night and he threw up like 3 times. He kept me up too, which was really unthoughtful of him. haha. But yeah that happened. Because of the elections, there was no church yesterday. So stupid, but yeah it was the final election only between two guys. Funny story yesterday we were talking to some random guy on the street who just voted and he asked us if we voted too. We said no and then he preceded to tell us how he just voted, but he had to choose between one candidate who was corrupt and another candidate who was more corrupt. haha and he said he didn't know what to do so he just chose one so funny.

More stuff: our new pension is AWESOME. She asks us what we like and what we want for meals. It's amazing. Patricia has a baptism date for this Saturday but I think we are moving it to Sunday because the ward is going to the temple on Saturday, and they get back on Sunday. Also, I’m excited that we are going to Huanuco this coming P day for a zone conference, and I get to eat lasagna! I should get to email you though so don't worry.

Lots of love,

Elder Walker

Me trying to be a photographer.
Tim Tebowing it
My area is basically everything to the right of the lake.

Chosen Frozen shirt, and yes, I'm freezing! I don't know why I thought it was warm enough to hike without a jacket. haha.
I'm on top of the world!

Studs