Monday, February 29, 2016

Teach and Preach and Work

Hi!

We had transfers last Tuesday, and as you can see I have a new companion. His name is Elder Yeh. He is from Chiclayo, Peru. His dad is from Taiwan so that’s why he doesn’t look like all of the Peruvians. I might have sent a foto of me and him when I was in Villa Rica because he was in Oxapampa while I was there. I saw him start his mission. He has a year in the mission now. What else? He is 19. He got baptized when he was 17. He is a great missionary, and I would describe him as straight forward and someone who speaks his mind. He is super obedient, which is great, but I want to help him be able to correct other’s behavior in a more loving way. He is a super great guy.

Tomorrow we have consejo, and we will go to Huancayo. Today we are gonna go to a wedding of two less active members and after that just relax. Nothing else.

Looks like America is focus on the up coming president and I have to say I would rather not choose between Clinton and Trump, but looks like that’s the way it is going. I’m excited for Anna to get here cast off, and ANNA KEEP reading the Book of Mormon. I’m proud of you, and yes I also am looking forward to our week on the beach. As for the Rebs we have to get Rick Patino!!! haha. And I guess Dad will hop on the Steph Curry band wagon now. I liked him first! haha. I want to be there to see him at his best. 

All good. Let me know if you want to know anything else. Elder Yeh is the first companion who is younger than I am. Pretty crazy. I am 20 now. I’m pretty old even though I still feel 18. 

I’m studying the BoM and the New Testament. This week I read Matthew 20, and I think I’ve talked about it before to you, but I read the parable of the laborers. As we know the laborers leave at different times during the day, but at the end of the day receive the same reward. The question the Lord makes to those who complain hit me hard as he asks, 

Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

 14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
 15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own?Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

Sometimes we are angry and displeased with the success of others, and that’s how I felt after emailing the last couple of times. It’s also like the Other Prodigal son as Jeffrey R. Holland said who after his brother got back," was angry, and would not go in." I also read that. I know that it is absolutely essential that we learn to truly be happy for others. Life is not fair, and we need to just love in order to find our own joy.

Any ways that is what I've been studying. I love you all so much. 

Elder Walker