Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekly Letter!

Mother,

     Thanks a ton for your letter mom. It was a great push. I think that is an extremely difficult commandment to "Be of good cheer". I try but fail often to keep it. I love to read DyC 68: 5-6 (the scripture I chose for my mission plaque).

5 Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants.
6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

This scripture has taken on a new meaning throughout my mission. I remember reading it before and thinking yeah that’s cool. In Cerro de Pasco it was a scripture to help me to get through one of the hardest moments of my life (I focused a lot on the promise that He will stand by me and help me) and now I see that it is a commandment to be of good cheer and not only a promise from the Lord to me His servant. Thank you, Mom. 

Dad thank you for your email as well. Anna actually wrote me today, and I’m gonna write her back. The Lord truly does have a plan for us. Other than that GO REBS. 

Tell my "fav sis" Anna thanks for her letter in my package. 

Everything is great here. I got news from President Henderson that he forwarded my email to the mission secretary asking to go home with Marc. He said that I should be able to do it, but I might be in a trio for my last week. That will be cool though to be with Marc in Atlanta. So the big day is the 30th of June. Right before 4th of July. Sweet! 

Hey BRAIZE GOT ENGAGED! Did you hear that?! I guess he will get married in May! haha. Go figure right?! But Rachelle said that Tanner could get engaged soon as well. Craziness. 

So Mom, I don’t know if you remember but you wrote my about a year ago a super cool email about Gma Sue and Gpa Bob and their reactivation story and the importance of rescuing. Do you think you could resend me that? Maybe with Gpa Bud and Gma Leslie’s church story as well because I don’t really know very well. 

What happened to the cars? Does chloe still have the Corrola?

What is the worst thing that has happened while I’ve been on my mission that you haven’t told me?

How did Clay’s basketball season go?

How does Marc like being a zone leader? 

Anyways that’s all I got along with an internet selfie I literally just took. Love you Guys!!

Elder Walker