Monday, February 15, 2016

I'm On Top of the World, Hey!

First off, I’m sorry. I don't know what happened last week. I was really was tired and had gotten back from a fun p-day. I guess I was having a good day when it seemed that proportionally things were a lot better at home. It’s not fair though to ask the Lord to bless my family and then be bitter when he does. I’ve felt bad all week. I’ve changed a lot on my mission, but in a lot of ways I have less patience. Before when I was submissive or maybe just passive, and now I feel rebellious sometimes and more aggressive. It’s good with disobedient companions not to just keep quite, which I had to learn, but I don’t know sometimes it’s discouraging to go backwards. I can build magnificently and destroy terribly with my words.  What I’m trying to get at in a round about way is to say I really am so sorry. 

About Marc and I flying home together. I was talking to the mission secretary, and he said it would be impossible to do it if our release dates aren’t the same day. I told him he just needs to call the church travel agency and make it happen. But I don’t know if he is going to do anything. I think maybe it would be better to talk to President Henderson and see what he says. If it is possible or not. What do you think?

Yes there is a missionary in the zone who has depression and at first I had know idea what to do. His family doesn't support his mission, and he is worried about going home and a million other things. He might beat mom in worrying. We gave him a blessing, which was a super spiritual exp. and are encouraging him but not sure what else to do. He has talked to president. and is talking to a therapist on the phone. He has sleeping pills and has to do 30 min of cardio in the morning. But I don’t know what else to do. Do you have any suggestions?

Tell Aunt Kathy thanks for the card she sent and wish her a happy b-day for me. 

The most eventful part of the week was listing to Elder Carlos A Godoy from the 70. He talked in the General Conference in Oct. I copied the URL on the bottom so you can remember who he is. He is an excellent leader, speaks with authority, and is very humble. He talked about his conversion story, which was amazing and full of tender mercies from the Lord. Then he shared Alma 26:32, and talked about what we can to bring "thousand unto repentance" and baptism. The formula is simple and is like the scripture says 4 things: he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing

He explained these things in depth. But he best explain Good Works. In this part he opened Preach my Gospel and taught how to help investigators resolve their doubts. He asked to do a practice and feeling confident I raised my hand, and Elder Allred and I taught Elder Godoy in front of everyone. We had to find out why he (the investigator) didn’t want to get baptized. Like we were taught, we asked direct questions about the commandments, and I asked him at one point, "Es fiel a su esposa?" or "Are you faithful to your wife?” It was a funny and great learning experience. It was awesome to listen to him. 

There is a lot more stuff to write but little time. I love you all. Have a great week. 

Elder Walker
Meet Elder Allred. He is from Salt Lake City and 20 years old. He turns 21 on May 5th. He is extremely intellegent and a funny guy. He makes me feel stupid sometimes, but it's fine because I need to be corrected sometimes. He went to OU for a year and studied chemical engineering. He is the oldest of 3 brothers. He is a great guy and we have a lot of fun together. He will probably leave this transfer though which ends in a week and 2 days! Crazy

A hotel called Las Vegas. I thought it was funny. 
My crown and I 

Hmmmmmmm... I'm on top of the world, Hey! 
We climbed to the top.
This is a foto from my b-day with the familia Villanueva. They threw me a party after just having met me for 2 days and bought me a cake in the noche de hogar that we went to. It meant a lot to me. Hermana Silvia, the wife, added you on facebook and sent you a foto of us and Marco. Marco is a funny and goofy guy who reminds me a lot of dad. He is always making jokes, embarrassing himself talking in English, and he spoils the missionaries with food. He also has kinda the same job as Dad. Cool people.