Monday, February 9, 2015

Heart, Might, Mind and Strength

MOM. I suck. I bet my blog is terrible because I've sent you so little to put on lately. But this transfer has been hard, and I haven't had much I wanted to send home. But this week with Elder Molina and with everything was amazing. The prayers and fasting payed off. 

Obviously the work has been hard during this transfer. We haven't had a single investigator come to church this whole time I've been here. We are teaching, but for various reasons a lot of our lessons aren't very effective. 

Things have been so hard with my companion that I've just sort of settled for surviving.

I have learned this week that it really isn't enough to give up two years of your life. You can't just give up your time either. You have to really give all of yourself. I shared DyC 4:2 with Elder Molina and told him this is what I want. (Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.) I want to give everything, my heart, might, mind and strength, to the Lord for this 2 years because anything less is a waste of my time and a waste of the Lord's time.

I remeber at the end of a basketball game my Senior year vs. Faith. We got hammered and lost by about 20 points. After the game, I remember sitting on the bench and Coach Jonas yelling at us and then Coach Ballistere just ripping us and yelling at us for 15 minutes. I remember after everyone changed and left and I was still sitting there. And I realized that my body was full of energy. I felt like I could run a mile. My legs weren't sore at all. And I was mad at myself about it! I realized I didn't give it all in the game. I commited to never do that again and to always play with all my heart, mind and strength and to leave it all on the court. The season improved so much after that.

When I am on my flight home from Peru, I want my legs to hurt. I want my shoes to have holes in the bottoms and to have weathered clothes. I want to be extremely tired from two years of working my absolute hardest--to leave it all in Peru. 

Love you,

Elder Walker

PS I bought a new camera (not as nice as my other one).  I should have pictures for you next time.