Monday, May 25, 2015

Busy Sunday

Hello!

I’m good. Or am I well? Which is it, Mom? Okay I’m trying to to be good and I’m feeling well! Thanks for the quick English lesson. Tell Dad, "What's up brother from another mother!?" Nothing much with me. I am just chillin' in Oxapama right now. My comp left yesterday to go to La Merced, and today he leaves to go to Lima for immigrations. He doesn’t get back until Thursday, which stinks. So I am here for P day, and tomorrow I will go to Villa Rica with the Elderes from Oxapama and have to try to find a division to stay with me until Thursday. All of this just gives me a headache though and is super annoying: stupid immigrations and bad planning and organization in the CCM.

Yesterday was a crazy day. I literally did everything in sacrament meeting. Missionaries often have a lot of responsibility in the wards in Peru, but this week was crazy. I brought three investigators and two less actives. I helped pass the sacrament, and then I gave a talk. I gave the Sunday School lesson. But that isn’t all. At the end of the meeting the second counselor told me that the bishop wanted me to give a baby blessing. And I was worried and thought I don’t even know how because I have never done it. But I was like sure I'll do it, if the Bishop really wants me to. So I pulled out my manual misional and read how to, and then I gave my first ever baby blessing in Spanish yesterday at the end of the meeting.

In my talk, I spoke about the life of Jesus Christ and how He didn't just teach us how to live but also He invited us to come unto Him and to live how He lived. I used a lot from Monson’s talk, “Ponder thy Footsteps” (I think). I used a lot of scriptures too and talked about how the teachings of Jesus Christ don't mean anything if we don’t apply them in our lives. In Mateo 4:19-20, Jesus calls His disciples ,and he says, “Come and I will make you fishers of men. “ And they straightway followed him. I love that how the followed immediately. In contrast we have the story of two followers of Christ in Lucas 57:59-62 when Jesus invites them to come follow me and they respond yes lord I will follow you BUT let me bury the dead first and let me say goodbye to my family. I talked about how in our lives we pretty much do the same thing. For example, we might say, “I will follow thee Lord, but just let me work on Sundays or enjoy life a little bit or give me some time to figure things out.” I love verse 62 as well when He says that we cant enter into the kingdom of heaven looking back. We have to actively follow Christ in our lives. He lived a perfect life. He is our perfect example of obedience love and service and his life is an active invitation to follow him and to leave or worries and problems behind because truly his yoke is easy.

Dad asked me to give him a topic for his talk next Sunday. Tell dad he can talk on that if he wants to. However, I shared my message like that because the ward here is growing and a lot of people are willing to follow Christ and magnify their calls they just have a bunch of things holding them back like work, family problems, and fear. 

But hey, my usb broke and I have no music!!! My time is up, but please give Camron this message for me. Camron, I need your help. HELP ME PLEASE! I want all of the church music you have, all of the EFYs of the last 10 I also want a bunch of Mormon Messages in Spanish on a USB and other useful church videos, please! I also want David Archuleta, and his Spanish church music as well, and MoTab. Ohhhh and I want MEET THE MORMONS. It is one of the only movies we can actually watch: in English and in Spanish, as well!!!!! PLEASE!!!! Our dvd players have usb, por eso. Thanks! Make a USB for Marc, too. He would like that.

I lOVE YOU ALL so MUCH! Have fun with dad and his list! Haha. I loved those things! Wish I was there to help you! Better yet call the missionaries and make them work and serve. Then, you just give them some food! Haha! 

Love you,

Elder Walker