Monday, September 8, 2014

2nd Week in the Field

 Hi,

I'm listening to Blink 182. I'm sitting in this small internet cafe, and music is playing. It makes me think of Camron. This has been a hard week so I'll spare you all the details and just send pictures. Mom, I don't know where you got the idea that Elder Shreiner is not in the Huancayo mission because he is definitely in my mission.

I've found hope in pondering Mark 9:23-24 this week. The father of a crippled boy takes his son to Jesus and asks for him to be healed. Jesus says, “If thou canst believe all things are possible to him that believeth.” Immediately the father says, I believe help thou mine unbelief. I believe I’m supposed to be in the Huancayo mission and in Cerro. I believe that I’m doing the Lord’s work. I believe with all my heart, but this week has driven me to my knees. I cry out everyday in every prayer and in every moment for God to help my unbelief, for God to give me strength to do this.

Don't worry about me, Mom. I'm going to be fine.  Enjoy the pictures.

Los amo Mucho, 

Elder Walker
  
Elder Shreiner and I at the Lima Temple for the last time before we head out into the field.

Last day with Elder Shreiner in the CCM

The bus stopped on the way to Huancayo.
I can fly!

Chosen Frozen--Cerro de Pasco Zone--4400 Meters
Cerro de Pasco--Literally and actually on the top of the world!