Monday, September 22, 2014

I Love My Family!

Hello,

I have a question for you. What is harder than being a missionary in Cerro de Pasco for your first area????? Being the mom of that missionary. Hahaahahahahahahhhahahahaha.

Anyway this week nothing really happened because I had the pleasure of making the 9 hour bus ride to Lima for immigrations. It sucked. I don't want to focus on the bad, but yeah I got sick this week. And let me tell you it is the worst being sick without my mom and without my bed! I got a fever and felt colder than I did in Cerro. Also, for the second time, I got used to Cerro again just to leave. It was interesting though going back to Lima because of how much I’ve changed. Not really me, but my mind set. I remember the first day I arrived in Peru and looking outside and thinking I’m in a third world country. Everything is so dirty and impoverished. But going back I realized how nice Lima is compared to Cerro. Like everything is so nice in Lima—there are side walks and real buildings. hHaha. And the hotel we stayed in was a suite. 

Also, it was fun because I got to see all of my CCM friends. But it was short lived. Other than that it is the same old. Yeah, everyone in Lima said I got skinnier. Sad face. But actually I'm either starving or want to throw up because I have eaten so much. By the way, I have to buy my own breakfast right now—no tengo pension. So yeah I've been spending too much money. So please make sure my card is all right.

So, I have seen 3 chapels in Cerro—and there might be one more. In my ward there are 1000 members about 120 come to church. I figured this out yesterday at a stake meeting, and it blew my mind. I am in the Cerro de Pasco ward in the Cerro de Pasco stake and ours is the biggest ward here. There are 5 wards here.

So we went to Huallae (pronounced why-I) and it as a bunch of cool rocks formations that look like animals. The one in the picture is an elephant rock.

To answer your question, we drink store bought, purified water in bottles and drink that in our apartment and then we aways drink a hot tea with our pension. Other than that, I don't drink anything else. What I eat is soup every day with my pension and then for lunch it's soup and then a second dish. You'd be surprised how many different ways you can prepare rice and chicken.

Also I keep forgetting to tell you--the first day with President Henderson we talked about how we were going home together our group and him. Anyway he said we will go home 4 days before him and he told us are release date!!!! I'm go home June 28, 2016!!! Which means I'm back in time to clean for the 4th of July!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha. No not that I want to focus on home or going home but how sick and perfect is that? The only thing is that I want Marcus to go home at the same time. So work on that.

Have a great week! Love you so much!


Elder Walker
Elephant Rock

Elder Contreras and I

Probably my favorite picture of Jesus is with him and the lamb. Not that I’m Jesus! But I’m on his errand.