Monday, September 21, 2015

New Apartment

HEY! LUV YOU!

It has been a great week. First, we went to HCVA to do an interview with of the investigators of Elder Hardison and Elder Daza. The investigator was super prepared, and she got baptized on Saturday and everything went well. Elder Hardison is the one on the far left in the picture that I sent.He is a super great funny guy. He will go home this transfer. Elder Rasmussen is also doing well with Elder Moss. They are both super tall, so they stand out in Peru! Don’t worry I’m watching out for Elder Moss. You can tell his mom. 

We got news while we were in HCVA that my old comanion, Elder Molina, would be coming to the zone. Elder Camacho got emergency transferred to Cerro de Pasco, and Elder Molina came here from Cerro.  I don't know if you remember him or what I told you about him, but yeah he is in my zone now. I was thinking about it too, and I would say if I could have one transfer back I would choose the one with Elder Molina. I feel like I could have done better. I am happy for that opportunity.
      
It was hard for Camacho to go because they had 4 people, a family, get baptized yesterday. Watching their baptism however was hard for me as well. You know that one of my goals is to find a family and to help them take that first step and enter into the waters of baptism and later enter the temple. It was hard just to watch Elder Molina get that chance free. Not just that, but because of some things in the past as well. I know it is just my pride, but it was hard. I was studying a little bit about the parable of the laborers in the vineyard, but it has always been one of the hardest for me to understand.

I also sent some fotos of our new crib. It is sweet. We actually just had room inspections and Prsd and Hna Henderson came to see our room. They were shocked. Psd just laughed. We made them take off their shoes before the entered the apartment as a joke because they make us do the same we we go to their house. Prsd asked us how much we pay, and we said 320 soles. He told us we are robbing the owners, but also told us good negotiating. Hna Henderson said that it meets the requirements for senior missionaries. haha so don’t worry about me, Mom, I’m more than fine! Haha. We have a kitchen and oven as well. Still haven't made anything though. It is for sure the nicest place I’ve lived in Peru.

I’m great, mom. Did Marc get transferred? How do I coordinate to go home together with him from Atlanta? Tell Chloe to write me back!

Love you all!

Elder Walker