Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference!

Conference!

Another temple in Lima!!! The people here were so shocked and happy. Even if we are far away from Lima, the people here are ecstatic! Tell Camron that we will have to come back to Peru for the temple dedication. It’s crazy that Camron served there, and it would be unreal to come back with him. I will go to Machu Picchu before I die!

Conference was an absolute blast. I really enjoyed the talks and messages given there. I really liked Elder Renlund, and Holland´s talks. Also, I enjoyed President Uchtdorf´s Sunday morning talk and President Nelson’s talk. I will miss Conference on the mission. Conference on the mission is just so special. 

I stayed here in Tarapaca with Elder Yeh. I’m happy, but at the same time I really did think I was going to go. President in our interview awhile back told me that there are a lot of leaders in my group going home in June and that he wanted to leave experienced leaders for the new mission president. Therefore, he told me that I probably wouldn't keep being a zone leader for much longer. After hearing that 3 months ago, I was happy. It is a lot of work. This last transfer because of what President had said, I thought I was gone. But alas here I am. Sometimes now I just feel tired. I lay down my head at night and am so exhausted. I’ve never been so tired in my whole life. But here I am. I know though that I just have to keep going. Like you said and Elder Holland said, ”Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever.” Love that!

The part that is the most difficult for me is that I feel like I have to keep the peace between missionaries who don’t get along or who have hurt feelings or who are offended, and sometimes it feels like I focus on resolving conflicts more than really helping all the missionaries in my zone or working with the investigators. It is hard, but I can do it. You know me, I don’t like drama. Obviously, I have something more to learn.

All is great here. I really do love my mission, the other missionaries and the people in Peru. Have a great week! I love you all!! 

Elder Walker

P.S. Thanks to Chloe for her email!

Hermana Lily, the best pensionista of my mission!!